So, that is our exciting news, and we are very excited indeed. I've been a little MIA from the blog world because I've pretty much been napping during any segment of free time during the first trimester. Thankfully, we are now in the second trimester, and my energy is slowly improving. I forgot what a treat it was to use Lillian's naptime to get some things done! But I must say, it was also nice to have the option for a midday nap. So, our due date is April 8, 2014. We should be able to find out the gender at the ultrasound on November 11th. Oh yes, we will definitely find out. We're kind of what you call "planners". ;) Spontaneity has never really been our strength, and oh, God please grow us where we are weak in this regard. But alas, we do plan to find out the gender. In other news, Lillian has started potty training. She goes to school now twice a week, and they take the kids into the bathroom by gender groups. So she sees her little toddler girlfriends using the potty, and let's just say it's a positive form of peer pressure. We got her a little potty for home, just to leave in her bathroom so she could get used to seeing it. We have been told by SO many people to wait until your child is ready, do not rush it, etc. So we've been intent on waiting until she is ready. Lillian started out putting bunny in the potty, then other stuffed animals on the potty. Then sitting on top of it just like it was a chair. Then she actually wanted to sit on it without her diaper one day, and voila, she used it! Wow! She's gone #1 in it a few times, and she's gone #2 maybe twice. She is highly motivated by the "nim-nims" she gets (M&Ms)...one for a #1 and two for a #2. To be honest, I haven't read the first thing about potty training, and I know I probably should. We'd like potty training to be complete by the time Baby #2 comes along, so I think at some point we'll have one of those weekends where you intensely train by staying home and going without diaper all day. That will probably happen sometime between now and April 8th (unless of course I do some reading and find out there's a better way...), but for now, she just tells us when she wants to go. Wow, I just wrote a LOT about that! Ok, so here's one more cute thing to add to this post... When I was pregnant with Lillian, people kept asking us what we had decided on for her name. We wanted to keep this secret until she was born (first because we knew we might change our minds, and second because we didn't really want feedback). So, my mom started calling Lillian "Topsy", for Top Secret. It was a cute pet name. So, early in this pregnancy, when I was feeling really exhausted and nauseated, I would need to lie on the couch. Lillian really doesn't like when I do this, because she wants me to play with her. So we figured the best way to explain to her why I had to lie down was to let her know I wasn't feeling well, which in her world means you have a boo-boo. So, this Baby #2 was affectionately given the pet name "Boo Boo" by me and Kelby several weeks ago. So, we have Topsy and Boo Boo. :) Well, that's all for now. Glad to be back in the blogging world.
Oh. My. Goodness. Does it get any cuter than that video?? Love it, Elizabeth! And so glad to see your post pop up! Topsy and Boo Boo -- cuuuuuute!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! :) Yes, I'm kind of crazy about Topsy and Boo Boo, too.
Deletepretty awesome video! she's a doll. Glad you are feeling better these days. Congrats again!
ReplyDelete