Our family recently went to Jordan Lake on a kayaking adventure. (Catherine, William and my dad had actually gone out the night before to camp out.) Man, did we have a blast. I think I'm the one who enjoyed this the most, because there are few things I love more than being in a boat out on the water. And it's just been a long time... I love how CLOSE Jordan Lake is. It's totally do-able, even considering we have to make it home by 12:30 or so for L's afternoon nap. Even time for a quick stop by Chic-fil-A for breakfast pickup on the way out! Love it!
 |
| Back: William, Catherine, my dad Bunn, my mom Claire. Front: Kelby's dad Wally, Kelby, me, Lillian, Kelby's mom Cheryl. Would you believe this photo wasn't even planned?? We just had the idea and asked someone on the beach to take it. I'm crazy about it. |
 |
| In addition to my happy dad, another thing I love about this picture is the fact that you can see a swimmer in the background. And another boat. I mean, it was just awesome. A brisk September morning, just warm enough to be enjoyable...swimmers swimming, pontoon boats out, even white caps and a sailboat with a spinnaker up at one point. An airplane even few overhead low enough where Lillian could clearly see and enjoy it. (She loves this right now.) And on the way out, bikers all along the country roads. It just felt like the perfect day to be outside, and there we were, right in the middle of it all. |
 |
| White caps and spinnaker sailboat in the background. Oh HAPPY day. |
 |
"Silly Shot" time...This reinforces what I suspect has been true most of our lives...Catherine and I are the most bonkers fun-loving. ;) |
Haha, love the silly shot and your caption! What a fun family activity! Love seeing Lillian in her little life jacket. So cute.
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful family pic!
ReplyDelete