I am so happy to report that Lillian is well! We were able to get outside and enjoy some beautiful sunshine today with friends. It was absolutely delightful.
Lesson learned from sick time: I must trust that Lillian will find her well-being in God's grace.
He calls me to try my best in all aspects of parenting, but I also must acknowledge that I will fall short of perfect. I must ultimately trust Him to take care of Lillian. Her well-being cannot depend on my perfection as a parent, but on the lavish grace God gives to us in Christ Jesus. But yes, I will keep striving to be the very best parent I can be...but with a sense of rest in His grace and a consequent joy to keep serving her and Him, rather than an uneasy worry about not being perfect. Anyway...times of trial help us grow, so I think this lesson is one thing I grew in during the trial of her being sick.
So now, some pictures! (Not from this week, but recently.)
No comments:
Post a Comment