We've No Less Days

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's a...

GIRL!!! We are so excited to be welcoming another baby girl into the Kizer family. As you know from the last post, we had a "gender reveal cake" planned for after Bible study one evening recently. But! I received the cake the day BEFORE that!!! Here it was:


Oh my! How much fun! SO close! Yet so far away! 24 whole hours (or so)! Would I swipe a finger along the side in a moment of weakness?! Then I thought I would stare at it too much if I left it uncovered, possibly determining what the underlying color was.


So, we left it covered up inside the cloudy tupperware cake dish, waiting until the appointed time: 8:15 pm on Wednesday, November 13th! 

Lillian would normally be in bed at that time, but we decided to keep her up for the special occasion. That night as we were bathing Lillian before friends came over for Bible study, Kelby decided we should explain a little more of what was going to happen. So, the conversation went a little something like this...

Kelby: "Lillian, tonight is a special night. We are going to have cake with friends after Bible study, and it's going to be either pink or blue. That will mean that the baby is either a girl or a boy."
Lillian: "Baby Sister."
K: "Well, but the baby might be a boy, like Noah." (her good friend)
L: "No, not Noah, Baby Sister."
K: "Well, God makes everything, and we'll say thank you God for everything." (in reference to her catechism question she's been studying lately at church)
L: "Thank you God for Baby Sister."
Kelby and Elizabeth together: big eyes, thinking "ok, this could either go great or not so well..." 

Kelby and I would have been thrilled either way. But it seems Lillian wanted a baby girl, and she is happy to have a sister on the way! In general, at this age at least, she doesn't like the intensity of surprises and being the center of attention in a big crowd (unless it's her grandparents), so needless to say, she did cry when everyone was staring at us and shouted, "It's pink!", but I think that was just because she was way past bedtime and everyone was staring at her and shouting. :)



It was fun to make this exciting and include some dear friends. And of course, tons of happy texts were exchanged with family immediately following. Thanks, everyone, for caring for our family and sharing in this happy time. We wish you ALL could have been there! Now, a name...

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Lillian will have a sister, something you and I both know is one of the best blessings God can give. Hooray for SiSTERs! Can I get an AMEN?! I love the family group shot, what a precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Elizabeth! I love the recounting of the convo with Lillian! That is priceless. Okay, now I'm waiting anxiously for the name!

    ReplyDelete