 |
| Lillian has definitely noticed that my tummy is bigger! |
 |
| She says, "I have a baby sister on the way. She in mommy's tummy. Today I at school, but Baby Sister was in mommy's tummy." This morning she also told me, as she was leaving the room, to please make sure Baby Sister is ok. |
 |
| The nursery is ready to go! Now, I know that baby's don't need much more than a dresser drawer at first. But if you know me well, one thing you may know is that I love to decorate! And I generally limit myself to times when there is a cause for doing so. So, I have to say that changing this bedroom from the guest room into a nursery was just cause to let my artistic side come out and have some fun decorating! The theme is lambs, if you can't tell. |
 |
| This was Lillian's mobile. I just cut the birds off and made some felt lambs. (The theme of Lillian's room was/is birds and birdhouses. That was a fun one, too.) |
 |
| While I worked on the felt lambs, Granna and Lillian made paper ones. |
 |
| Kelby is such a handyman and so sweetly supportive of the nursery prep. A wise lady from our church told us that preparing the nursery is mainly for the parents, and it's so true for us. Having this baby's room ready has made us mentally prepare more for the fact of her soon-to-be presence here with us. And of course big sis Lill likes to help Daddy with all his projects. |
 |
| Sweet handmade gift from Geena. So talented. |
 |
| I pulled out all of Lillian's old baby toys and put them on this bookshelf for Baby Sister. You would have thought it was Christmas morning for Lillian! She was so happy to see all her old things. Many of these have been packed away for awhile now. I'm hoping these will entertain her some while I'm nursing. |
Yes, I would say we are ready. But putting together this blog post has made me realize we are lacking one thing! I can't deliver this baby until Kelby and I get a good picture of the two of us together! We took a few, and I must say that vanity is winning over because they are truly too horrible (of me, not him) to post on this blog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment