"Snow!!!"..."Wow, really, more snow?!"..."Oh, more snow."..."No, not MORE snow!" Haha, that's kind of how my thoughts were this winter. As you have probably also experienced, we North Carolinians have really had quite a lot of snow this year. I will say that we really enjoyed it around here. I was even in Rocky Mount visiting my parents during the first dose, so Lillian got to have some snow fun with her grandparents. However, I am looking forward to some consistent warm spring days now.
This first set of pics were taken in RM.
 |
| All dressed out and ready to play. |
 |
| Sledding with Grandaddy. |
 |
| Beautiful. |
 |
| Lillian's first snowman. He was really cute, but I guess I wasn't a very good mother for giving him her mitten to use as a hat. This led to cold hands and a fussy toddler just a minute or so after this pic was taken. I definitely learned my lesson and did not repeat this mistake in subsequent snows! In fact, we even started carrying an extra pair of mittens on our snow outings! Do they even make waterproof gloves for toddlers?? I have yet to find any. |
 |
Grandaddy makes excellent fires. How cozy to come in and warm up by the fire.
|
 |
| He also makes excellent pancakes, a tradition passed down from his dad, my grandfather. I have lots of childhood memories of going over to Daddy Bunny's on Saturday mornings for pancakes. |
Then, we were really, really thankful to get snow again once we were back home with Kelby! We missed him so much during our first snow of the year (since we were in RM).
 |
| (Here's a little flashback pic of my family enjoying a snow day back in ~1989. Kind of neat because it's similar to the pic below.) |
 |
| In the background, you can see how many neighbors came out to enjoy the snow together. It was a blast. Adults and children alike were really enthusiastic about sledding! |
 |
| I told you DB was a good girl. Look at that happy toddler. Good work, DB. Pulling your weight! |
 |
| This man is SUCH a good father and husband. |
 |
| We even had a snowboarder in front of our house!!! |
 |
| This was fun. I would push Lillian down the hill to Kelby. She held her arms open for a hug the whole ride down, time and again. Precious. |
 |
| With her good buddy Noah. |
 |
| Dear, dear friends. |
 |
| And Lillian even enjoyed her first hot tea after our outdoor adventures. Now she is obsessed with it. |
Thank You, God, for making snow. And thank You that it doesn't last all year long, at least not in NC! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment